Lesson 8: Sounders
The objective of this lesson is to understand the basic principles of how to derive atmospheric and surface properties from satellite observations at multiple wavelengths.
- Explain total precipitable water product and its uses explain convective index product and its uses
- Explain total ozone product and its uses
- Explain retrieval of atmospheric temperature and moisture profiles, and its uses
- Explain sea surface temperature (SST) product and its uses
- Understanding of the RTE applicable to sounders.
- Understanding of the need for atmospheric profiles and indices for meterology.
Return to Satellite Meteorology Main Page
AOS Main Page
Current Madison Weather
CIMSS GOES Gallery