Lesson 3: Visible Image Interpretation
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of visible satellite image
- Be able to identify basic cloud types in visible images
- Be able to identify basic storm systems in visible images
- Demonstrate basic intellectual knowledge necessary to interpret satellite observations.
- Transfers knowledge and principles of radiative transfer to satellite imagery
- Understanding of the RTE applicable to solar spectral region (e.g. identify terms - not derivation).
Return to Satellite Meteorology Main Page
AOS Main Page
Current Madison Weather
CIMSS GOES Gallery