Lesson 14: Synoptic Scale
- Identifying airmasses
- Identify Fronts
- Cyclogenesis: Leaf stage, open comma stage, occluded stage, shearing stage
- Transfers knowledge and principles of radiative transfer to satellite imagery
- Knowledge of midlatitude cyclone life cycle.
- Knowldege of basic cloud types and weather associated with fronts.
- Ability to interpret visible, infrared and water vapor imagery from geostationary satellite.
Return to Satellite Meteorology Main Page
AOS Main Page
Current Madison Weather
CIMSS GOES Gallery